Our bodies largely consist of the molecules we digest from the food and drink we consume. Diet, therefore, has a vital role to play in the maintenance of a healthy body and mind. Nutritional Therapy seeks to maximise an individual's intake of health-giving foods to provide optimum levels of nutrients, promote healing and restore balance within the body.
Nutritional Therapy aims to identify and address the underlying causes of a health condition rather than just treat the symptoms. It is based on the latest scientific research but is also a holistic therapy, acknowledging that everyone is unique with specific needs and tastes. A consultation will provide you with an individually tailored programme of achievable dietary (and some lifestyle) recommendations, aimed at improving your health condition. Nutritional supplements and laboratory testing may be recommended, where appropriate.
Nutritional Therapy has been shown to benefit a wide range of health conditions including:
- allergies & intolerances
- arthritis & inflammatory conditions
- childhood developmental disorders (Autism, ADHD)
- digestive disorders (IBS, constipation, indigestion, bloating)
- fatigue & low energy, chronic fatigue syndrome
- fertility issues
- frequent colds & infections
- high cholesterol, high blood pressure, type II diabetes
- hormonal problems (PMS, endometriosis, PCOS)
- mental health problems (depression, mood swings)
- skin conditions
- stress & anxiety
- thyroid conditions
- weight loss & weight management
Nutritional Therapy may also be used as support through times of changing nutritional needs such as pre-conceptual care, pregnancy, infancy, teenage years, the menopause and old age.